Monday, December 5, 2011

channeling inner modern Greek goddess

channeling inner modern Greek goddess
OK so I'm not Greek or in Greece nor am i a goddess but this vintage dress (circa mid 90s) surely does make me feel like one and  isn't that what dressing is all about anyway? 


This dress always makes me feel good for a couple of good reasons. 
One, it fits. I had recently lost weight due to health issues that I hope never returns. Sometimes a simple cough is not so simple. Thanks to it though, this dress fits me like when i first got it and that was some time ago. ;D


 Two, this dress makes me feel taller than i  really am, cause 5'4" isn't tall at all, but when you wear black and at this length, it instantly adds inches.


  And lastly, drama. The color and length of the dress and surrounded by trees and foliage in our backyard, i  feel like a character in Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream. I'm just waiting for fairy dust to put me to sleep. ;D


No where to go this time but this dress has gone far and with proper accessories, it too can go to any occasion.

Today though, just a date with my fellow bloggers. Hope it's been an enjoyable read. til next time.


Dress: Esprit (L.A.,Ca, USA)
Headband: Girlshoppe
Earrings: sterling silver earring (gift from cousin Tess)
Bracelet(left hand): swarovsky crystals with magnet closure gift from niece Luisa
Charm Bracelet(right hand): sterling silver assembled by yours truly with favorite charms  
Flip flops: Havaianas gift from awesome BF




 

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely dress! it looks fantastic!

    xx Ivana

    Stop by sometimes :)
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe thanks Ivana!


    xoxoxo,
    Ruvic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks GlamorousGirl! It is indeed a compliment coming from you!

    xoxox,
    Ruvic

    ReplyDelete