Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Another rainy day... Another vintage dress...





 Another rainy day... Another vintage dress... Empire cut large gingham print mini dress circa 1973. Would you believe that my mother wore this when she was 5 months pregnant with me? Don't bother doing the math, yes, I am that old and still love playing dress up. This dress is impeccably made with 38 years behind it. I absolutely love this dress. It also makes my mother happy seeing me wear it. It reminds her of her good old days. And gloomy days like this, who doesn't need a smile while reminiscing.


I love owning clothes with stories of their own. When you can wear them still, is even better. I usually wear this to lounge around the house but with a pair of jeans, white leggings or shorts, and the right accessories, this can go far with its bold print and details.



A happy sunnier week to all!

dress: mom's tailor in the 70s
jeans: Wranglers
black leather belt: Esprit
shorts: gift from an aunt
white leather belt: Folded and Hung 
flipflops: Havaianas
earrings: silver rose SM Department Store








2 comments:

  1. nice dress!

    Nice blog dear!
    im following on google connection. Hope you do the same :)
    MY BLOG: Dress Up For Armageddon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Flaviana for the compliment and the invitation. I will surely make a visit and follow you as well!

    xoxoxo,
    Ruvic

    ReplyDelete